So all I have to do in Star Trek : Online is…
- Work out the correction number and rating of Duty Officers I need to get the best results for the countless daily assignments
- Run humanitarian aid to various star systems
- Try to resist buying cheap Lockboxes from the exchange to jam up my Inventory
- Train my Bridge Officers correctly so that I don’t get blown to smithereens in every battle
- Find the right shields and weapons for my starship so that I don’t get blown to smithereens in every battle
- Change my beloved Galaxy Class starship as it is in fact a flying turd that cannot turn on a sixpence and I get blown to smithereens in every battle
- Figure out ways to earn more Dilithium to get rid of said flying turd
- Plan out a battle strategy so that when I do get a starship that does turn on a sixpence I don’t spend the entire battle going round in circles
- Figure out ways to earn more Energy Credits
- Earn more reputation to explore the new Romulan homeworld.. even it means chasing alien bunnies around a field to do a headcount, tagging blobs of living jello in a river, spraying green glowing flies, taking plant cuttings while trying to avoid being eaten by the wildlife, spraying more of the green glowing flies, running around the mountains tagging cargo that went astray while trying to avoid being eaten by the wildlife.. and generally getting shot at by the bad guys.
- Battle the Klingons, the Romulans, the Tholians, the Gorn, the Orions, the Cardassians, the Borg, the Jem’Hadar, the Breen, possibly a race called the Deferi, the Hirogen (no idea who they are) and the Undine (absolutely no idea who they are)
- Explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations
- And most important of all cross my fingers that the next time I genetically splice a low grade Tribble I don’t end up with more of the bloody same and fill up even more of my Inventory spaces..
It’s my guilty pleasure. It’s challenging and infuriating in equal measure…and I bloody love it.